My all time favorite salad has to be this one. I remember always seeing recipes for strawberry spinach salads and I just thought that was too weird . . . fruit with my lettuce, yuck! Then, my sister made it at my baby shower and I couldn't get enough. After trying out a few variations of this recipe, I finally perfected my favorite way of doing it, plus it's a little healthier, because I omit the sugar in the dressing and I don't candy my pecans or almonds.
Ingredients for 1 serving:
- 1 handful of fresh spinach
- 1 handful of favorite lettuce
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 Fuji apple, diced into large chunks (optional. I just do this when I'm having it for lunch and to make it a little more filling)
- 1 handful of strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted (or pecans)
- 1/8 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 Tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Pinch of paprika
- 2 drops of Worcestershire sauce (approx. 1/16 of a teaspoon)
- 1 strawberry
Combine all your salad ingredients in a bowl. To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients EXCEPT for the sesame seeds in a blender or magic bullet. Blend until smooth. Add the sesame seeds and pour over salad.
This is such a filling salad, I don't even miss my breads or pastas. Enjoy!