Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Green Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie


I'm always trying to think of ways to feed Dustin more veggies.  A great way is through is fruity drinks.  He loves juice and smoothies.  So, for his mid-morning snack we experimented with a peanut butter, chocolate, banana, and SPINACH smoothie.


Here is what we did:
  • 1 banana
  • 2 Tbsp chocolate whey protein powder
  • 1 Tbsp PB2 (I ordered mine, but you can find it in some stores and most GNCs)
  • 1 cup skim milk or unsweetened almond milk
  • 1/3 cup torn spinach (lightly packed)
Put all the ingredients in a magic bullet or blender.  Puree until liquefied.

 
I came on here right after making the smoothie so I could remember what we put in it.  He was done drinking the entire thing before I wrote "1Tbsp chocolate whey protein powder".

 
 
If you're not a big spinach fan, start off with a little less spinach at first or add extra protein powder or PB2.  

No comments:

Post a Comment