Friday, March 16, 2012

Homemade Coconut Butter

I've been looking up some vegan desserts and saw that several of them call for coconut butter. I've used coconut oil and have heard how great it is for you, but never coconut butter. So I went online to search exactly what it is and it's way cheaper to just make it yourself and just as easy too!


So you start off with some unsweetened, unbleached, dried, shredded coconut. Then you'll need . . . a food processor and that's it!


I used 2 cups of shredded coconut and that made 1/4 cup of coconut butter for me. Put your shredded coconut in the food processor and turn it on for about two minutes.


You'll start to notice the coconut getting more moist. Stop the food processor every now and then to scrap the sides.


Continue this for the next 5-10 minutes. When it gets really smooth and liquidy you are done!


Put in a container and enjoy! No need to refrigerate. It will solidify at room temperature. Probably the easiest thing I've ever made. Now I just need to look up recipes that use this

I think I'm going to try Chocolate Covered Katie's Cake Batter Milkshake first!



I'm also in the process of attempting to make homemade coconut oil and hopefully I can use the pulp to make more coconut butter, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment