Friday, March 16, 2012

Attempt at Making Coconut Oil

I decided I would try to make homemade coconut oil out of fresh coconuts today . . . and I think I may be in over my head a little. Okay, it's really not that hard, but I just keep making a mess of things.

Everything seemed to be going well, except that it was a little labor intensive trying to get the coconut meat out of the shell, and I was done blending the meat down into a liquid when I completely spilled the entire contents of the blender all of over the kitchen counter, cabinets, floor, and myself! It was a huge mess and I'm sure I'll be finding coconut shreds in places I wouldn't expect for months.

I'm fermenting the coconut milk now and in two days I will hopefully have some fresh coconut oil. I'll keep you posted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment