Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Donut Sugar Cookies

For my brother-in laws birthday, I made him donuts . . . I mean cookies . . . donuts that taste like cookies?
 
It was pretty simple and gave us the giggles since our brother-in law is a cop and he's more than tired of me making the connection between cops and donuts :)
 
I just took my favorite sugar cookie recipe, added two drops of yellow food coloring for a little extra color and formed 1/8 cup of dough into a ball.  Then, I used my rolling pin and some parchment paper to flatten the dough to about 1/4".  I used a circle cookie cutter that had a diameter of about 1 - 1 1/2 and cut out the middle of each cookie.
 
After the cookies baked and cooled, I used cookie frosting to ice the tops.  Cookie frosting is the best, because it hardens enough so you can wrap them in plastic wrap and mail these without getting it everywhere.  Then, we topped them of with sprinkles.  This part, I let Dustin help with.  He got a little side tracked though and started eating all the sprinkles that fell around the cookies.  


These were super cute and made an ordinary sugar cookie way more fun, or at least I thought so.  Not sure of my brother-in laws input yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment