Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Breakfast Sausage Balls

I try to get most of our breakfasts for the week cooked on Sundays and I especially like to make things that are easy to take on the go since my husband has to go to class in the mornings.  I saw a picture of these sausage balls and thought I try them out. 

Ingredients:
  • 2 eggs
  • 56g turkey sausage, divided in half
  • Non-stick spray
Directions:
  1. I first boiled my eggs in salt water for about 8 minutes.  Let them cool so you can use your hands to work with them.  Peel the eggs.
  2. Take 28g of turkey sausage and form into a ball.  Flatten as thin as you can and drape over the egg.  Carefully press turkey sausage around the egg and try to patch up any holes.  Because the sausage is a little greasy, you really have to work with it to get it to stick around the egg, but keep at it and it will work.  Repeat for as many eggs as you want.
  3. Line a casserole dish with tinfoil.  Spray with non-stick spray.  Place the sausage balls into the casserole dish and cover with tinfoil.
  4. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until the sausage is cooked.  Flip the sausage balls over halfway through. 
  5. Enjoy your low-carb breakfast!  (We usually eat the egg yolk for one, but then pick out the other yolk and just eat the turkey sausage and egg whites to reduce the fat.)

No comments:

Post a Comment