Friday, March 30, 2012

Warning: Rice Cheese is NOT Dairy-Free

I made some homemade pizza yesterday when I found some awesome "dairy-free" cheese at the health food store. It looked way better than that soy cheese and it tasted pretty good too. It seemed to good to be true as I was eating that delicious piece of pizza for the first time in months . . . because it was. My mother-in law read the back of the ingredients and milk is one of the main ingredients! I couldn't believe it. I assumed because it was made from rice it wouldn't have any milk, but it sure does, that's probably why it tasted so good. This is a good alternative if you can't have soy, but it does have a lot of sodium.

Oh well, I'm going to try out daiya (a soy based cheese) next. I really hope it taste okay!

No comments:

Post a Comment