Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Perfect Dairy-free Hot Cocoa

I've always liked hot cocoa, but now that I live in Montana, I LOVE it. There's nothing better than to get in warm pajamas and sip on hot cocoa on a cold snowy day. So you can imagine my sadness when I had to stop drinking milk and temporarily hot chocolate. Well not anymore, because I found a great substitute using rice milk and adjusting the ingredients slightly to make the perfect dairy-free hot chocolate!
All you need is a few simple ingredients:


  • 2 tsp cocoa

  • 3 cubes of cane sugar

  • 1 cup of original rice milk (haven't tried it with vanilla yet. That might be pretty tasty.)

  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract

  • Cinnamon - optional
    Put, two teaspoons of cocoa in a mug . . . along with three cubes of cane sugar. I know I only have two in the picture. I started off with that many and thought it was pretty good, but when I added one more it was perfect.
    Stir in the milk and vanilla extract. The cocoa will rise to the top, that's okay. Microwave for 2 minutes, stopping once or twice to give it a stir. I love to sprinkle a little cinnamon on top of mine . . . ooo, and marshmellows too, yum. I think most of those are dairy-free, yay! Now all I need is for it to snow :)


No comments:

Post a Comment