Monday, April 2, 2012

Vegan Black Bean Brownies

I keep seeing black bean brownie recipes popping up whenever I'm searching for healthier desserts or vegan desserts. Well, I finally decided to get the courage to try them. All those people who go on about it can't be lacking taste buds, right?I used a non-vegan recipe off the food network website. It only called for eggs, so I substituted those with bananas (it was all I had at the time). 1/4 cup of mashed banana for every egg. I figured it would taste pretty yummy too, since bananas and chocolate go hand-in-hand . . . and it did!

My husband and father-in law had no idea there were beans in it and really enjoyed the banana flavor.

I thought they were extremely moist and soft. The beans were practically nonexistent and you get a little added protein to your diet, cha ching! You could definitely taste the banana flavor, which made me wish I could add nuts or a peanut butter frosting on top. Though, I have to admit that I personally don't LOVE tasting bananas in my brownies, so next time I am going to try out apple sauce or flax seed.

I'll share the recipe whenever I have it just right!

No comments:

Post a Comment