Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Yummy Hummus

I was never too much of a chickpea fan until recently and man am I glad I like them now, because what would I do without hummus! I adjusted this recipe after looking at Emeril's version and another from the Moosewood cookbook. Separate they are okay recipes, but combined and tweeked, it makes one delicious combo! Give it a try. Get all of your ingredients together:
  • 3 cups cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained (my mother-in law buys dried chickpeas and slow cooks them all day in water. This is much better than using the canned ones, no added sodium or perservatives.)
  • 3 Tbsp Tahini paste
  • 2 lemons, squeezed
  • 2-3 Tbsp garlic (I use three, but if you don't want your breath smelling like garlic, maybe just use two)
  • 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • Dash of cayanne, optionalPut all the ingredients in the food processor except for the olive oil. Start to blend. Slowly poor in the oil through the top as it is blending. Continue to add the olive oil until it is at the consistency you prefer. Stop every now and then to scrap the sidesof the container. Blend until nice and smooth.Put the hummus in your favorite dish, drizzle a little olive oil on top and serve with some lemon wedges, pita chips, veggies, whatever you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment