Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Very Bloody Mary

One of my favorite "adult beverage" is a Bloody Mary and lucky for me, it's dairy-free and full of fiber :) Every restaurant makes them so different, but I like the ones at home the best!
To make the perfect Very Bloody Mary, you'll need:
  • Black Pepper
  • Celery Salt
  • Horseradish
  • Worcstershire Sauce
  • Tobasco Sauce
  • Lemon wedge (About 1/6th of a lemon)
  • Your favorite vodka, but the cheap stuff works well for this
  • Spicy V8, has to be spicy!

Fill your glass all the way to the top with ice. Add 3 to 4 shakes of pepper (I love pepper, so I always add a lot). Add 2 shakes of celery salt, 7 drops of Worcstershire Sauce, 3 drops of Tabasco sauce (if you want yours to tingle your lips, go ahead and add a few drops more), 1 squeezed lemon wedge, and 1 tiny dab of Horseradish on the end of a swizzle stick. Pour the vodka so that it fills 1/3 of your glass.Fill the last 2/3 of your glass with spicy V8.Garnish with your favorite items! I put an olive and homemade pickled green beans. The green beans were made by my Aunt Katie and they are SO delicious and extra spicy! Yum.

Happy and safe drinking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment