Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Peanut Butter Banana French Toast

I made this for my husband a few mornings ago and man was I jealous. Our son also is super sensitive to when I eat peanuts, so I had to skip out on this awesome start for the day. I can't wait to try it myself. My husband said it was good, but he always says that . . . which is smart :)All you need is one egg, a Tbsp of rice milk (or any other kind of milk), a spash of vanilla extract, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Whisk together.
Dunk a whole wheat piece of bread into the egg mixture for one minute on both sides.
Put a small amount of dairy-free butter onto the frying pan on medium heat. When the butter is melted, place the bread onto the pan. Cook for a few minutes on both sides so that it gets to a nice golden brown.
Cut the bread in half diagonally, smear some organic peanut butter on one piece of toast, layer with banana slices, put the other piece of toast on top, smear with more peanut butter, and drizzle some maple syrup on top . . . maybe not as much syrup as in this picture. My husband went crazy with it before I could get to it.
What a great way to start the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment